When I started out as a teacher, I was thrown into a classroom, given a teachers version of the text, and left alone. That first year was tough. I learned so much through trial and error. I could have used some of the advice I found recently searching the blogging world. I thought I’d share a few great posts that I read. Hopefully the advice of these great blogging teachers will help make your early years a little easier than mine.
Take a look:
1. The Five Biggest Mistakes I Made as a New Teacher. – You’re going to make mistakes as a first year teacher, but this post gives you a heads up on some common mistakes that maybe you can avoid and make it a more successful year.
2. Top 5 Reasons Why The Kids Don’t Like You. – Jose Vilson is one of those teachers who tells you like it is. In this post, he gives teachers some practical advice on treating students with respect and giving them value.
3. Nine Questions I Ask My Students On The First Day of School. – Elona Hartjes – a Teacher of Distinction Award Winner shows you how you can get that first day started off right by getting to know your students with these nine questions.
4. 50 Reasons To Love Your Job as a Teacher. – In case you need to be reminded of all there is to love about your job, this post gives you 50 reasons. There are a lot of good posts on this site.
5. What It Takes To Make a Difference. – Here Elizabeth Stein shows how we can keep that promise to ourselves of making a difference.
Here’s to lots of Success In The Classroom!